Job Opportunities Business Developer & Mass Market at Vodacom 2021
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. (Business Developer – Mass Market at Vodacom)
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
- Overall acceleration of services penetration to M-Pesa Base.
- Accelerate Gross Adds conversion and survival rate by enriching the portfolio’s propositions
- Drive actionable base trend insights related to services uptake and direct on how to be acted upon
- Develop and execute a nursery plan to maintaining a healthy subscriber base in line with the company roadmap
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Develop and implement a strategic service penetration strategy by working closely with analytics teams (Reporting & CVM) with the target of growing core services awareness and usage to the base.
- Develop and drive efficient cross-selling & upselling campaigns to increase services usage through micro segmentation and customer intelligence.
- Implement a comprehensive nursery plan for gross adds to ensure a sustainable survival rate.
- Close collaboration with consumer business unit to Increase conversion for M-Pesa subscriber base by enhancing customers on boarding journey.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to improve and uncover insights that will engender service penetration and advise on appropriate interventions plans. (Business Developer – Mass Market at Vodacom)
Key performance indicators:
- Growth of services uptake by agreed percent.
- Accurate and timely delivery & execution of action plans & initiatives
- Growth of Goss Adds conversion rate
- Quality Gross Adds and Improved survival rate.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Excellent analytical and logical reasoning skills translated from consumer insights
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to anticipate customer, competitor and market dynamics
- Able to challenge the status quo. (Business Developer – Mass Market at Vodacom)
Technical/Professional Qualifications – Business Developer – Mass Market at Vodacom
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing or its equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Build and maintain relationship with key stakeholders in the value chain.Telecommunications experience would be advantageous.
- Project management knowledge and experience would be advantageous
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates a good understanding of procedures and concepts through extensive experience and advises on the delivery of planning and developing full end to end projects that focus on most strategic topics, setting the future direction of the business;
- Supports the team to deliver activities for definition and coordination of the department annual strategy process, to include transforming strategy into actions;
- Defining and tracking progress against strategic priorities;
- Identifying and asking key questions;
- Uses communication skills to exchange ideas and information in a concise and logical way to support the delivery of identifying opportunities and threats across the industry and technology landscape;
- Maintains and supports strong relations and helps share the progress of the digital journey with key stakeholders and identifies opportunities and risks to support Group and Local Markets in the delivery of the overall programme
- Performs other job-related duties or tasks defined by the supervisor or resulting from assigned agendas.
- Business Partnering
- Business Acumen
- Strategy and Vision
- Data Driven Decision Making
- Expert Communication
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded.
We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too.
At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. (Business Developer – Mass Market at Vodacom)