Job Opportunity at Arusha Co-operative Union Limited (ACU Ltd) – General Manager 2021/2022;
Arusha Co-operative Union Limited (ACU Ltd) was established under the Co-operative Societies Act as a Co-operative Union on 31st March 1988 for the purpose of facilitating the operation of coffee and other produce and promoting the economic interests and arrange for the Agricultural industrial and all matters connected with crop development activities of the affiliated Primary Societies and their members in accordance with Co-operative Principles and practices.
Arusha Co-operative Union Limited is inviting qualified Tanzanians to apply for the following vacancy below:-
GENERAL MANAGER (1 Vacancy – Arusha HQ).
Nature and scope
The successful candidate will be the Chief Executive Officer of ACU Ltd and will report to the Board. He/She will be responsible for providing dynamic leadership, vision and direction of the Union while ensuring an appropriate outreach and high quality services.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Responsible to the Board of ACU Ltd.
- Supervise daily operations of the ACU Ltd
- Oversee effective and efficient implementation of the Union”s short, medium and long term plans and provisions of relevant legislations, rules and regulations pertaining to a Co-operative Union.
- Provide direction and leadership towards achievement of the Union Vision, Mission and Strategic Objectives, Strategies and Deliverables.
- Ensure that the Union consistently presents strong and positive image to stake holders and the general public.
- Advice and inform the Board on progress made in implementing operational activities of the Co-operative Union.
- Co-ordinate matters pertaining to the administration of the Board’s affairs, Board Meetings and all related issues as required by law.
- Responsible for approving payments of Union creditors and obtain actual payments receipts in accordance with approved standards.
- Prudently manage utilization of the Union resources within approved budget, guidelines, policies, laws and regulations.
- Maintain cost effective operational environment for motivating employees for optimal performance.
- Coordinate and manage all departments reporting to the General Manager.
- Ensure submission of quarterly/annual performance report for the Board of Directors.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Board from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience.
- Bachelor Degree in Co-operative Management, Agribusiness, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or related discipline from a recognized University/lnstitution.
- At least five (5) years working experience in a reputable Institution with at least two (2) years in a Senior Position.
- Excellent and well developed interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong written and communication skills with ability to write documentation in a concise and focused style.
- Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize work load.
- Should have Computer Skills.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
The General Manager shall have the salary that will be in the Arusha Co-operative Union budget which is subject for approval by the Registrar of Co-operative Societies.
The salary for the General Manager shall be signed in the agreement between the employee and the employer.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE.
- Arusha Co-operative Union Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing.
- Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position.
- An up -to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- Contacts stating name in full, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the candidate.
- Copies of relevant certificates
- Name and full contacts of three (3) referees.
The Chairman of the Board,
Arusha Co-operative Union Limited,
The deadline for submitting the application is 02 July 2021 at 4.00 pm.