Job Opportunity at Ministry of Finance and Planning(MOF), System Administrator June 2021;
POST: SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR – 1 POST
POST CATEGORY(S) IT AND TELECOMS
EMPLOYER: Ministry of Finance and Planning(MOF)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2021-06-17 2021-07-01
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
i.Installation and administering the technical issues of Epicor, Isidore or PlanRep;
ii.Analyzing the system performance and documenting the infrastructure System health;
iii.Writing and Documentation the problems and resolution for future references;
iv.Design physical database and recommend optimizations of existing databases;
v.Running training sessions and workshops on system processes;
vi.Promotes security and data loss prevention strategies;
vii.Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization;
viii.Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes;
ix.Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues;
x.Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures;
xi.Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions;
xii.Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards;
xiii.Write and deploy SQL patches;
xiv.Upgrade and improve application schema and data upgrades;
xv.Conducting regular reviews of systems and generating reports on efficiencies and improvement areas;
xvi.Responding in a timely manner to user-reported errors;
xvii.Protecting the database against threats or unauthorized access;
xviii.Maintain Daily timesheet updates;
xix.Ability to adhere to and meet Service Level Agreement goals.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or Advanced diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related information technology field.
- Possession of relevant Professional Qualification i.e Microsoft SQL server certification will be added advantage
- At least five (5) years’ experience in implementation of Financial Management systems with significant experience in business and system analysis, design and development.
- Must have a background experience in dealing with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software specifically Epicor, Isidore or Planrep.
- Skills and experience in installation, administration and troubleshooting Epicor, Isidore or Planrep;
- Skills and experience in integrating Epicor with other financial systems;
- Strong proficiency with SQL and its variation among popular databases;
- Knowledge and experience in reporting and business intelligence tools like Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SSIS, SSAS and SAP Crystal Reports;
- Expertise in SQL;
- Good understand database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance;
- Should have skills and experience on deploying a Business Activity Query (BAQ) to the network and display it on Epicor main menu;
- Skills on converting a BAQ report to a crystal report;
- Epicor ERP partner certification is an added advantage;
- Experience working with multiple operating systems;
- Experience monitoring and auditing procedures of databases;
- Experience in database schema design;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
REMUNERATION GLOBAL FUND SALARY SCALE
The deadline for submitting the application is 01 July 2021.