Job Opportunity at NMB Bank, Credit Risk Analyst 2021;
Credit Risk Analyst
Identifying, measuring and communicating of the credit risk profile from a second line perspective and conducting periodic monitoring of credit related activities.
Providing timely identification and reporting significant risks, losses and effectiveness of credit risk mitigation actions.
Partnering with the credit department and business units where needed on credit risk matters to ensure business growth is balanced with risk management and control.
- Perform credit risk modelling for default and migration risks.
- Ensure that the credit risk tools are in compliance with both regulatory and international framework such as Basel II/III and IFRS.
- Attend to various projects that target to improve our credit risk management.
- Conduct regular monitoring of credit limits, in line with regulatory and internal requirements.
- Conduct periodic stress testing of the bank’s credit risk profile in line with Basel II requirements.
- Ensure that all credit-risk related key risk registers and KRI templates are in place and maintained regularly, including the testing of controls by designated risk champions.
- Validate control test results from a second line control perspective (Conformance Review) and channeling feedback on the same to the appropriate governance committees.
- Ensure proper functioning of the credit risk loss event reporting process, including root cause study and trend analysis and remedial action proposal.
- Assist to develop comprehensive reports and presentations that outline credit risk-related findings, explain risk positions, and recommend appropriate changes.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Risk Management, Corporate and Retail credit and Special asset management.
- Strong Credit skills.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management.
- Good Computer skills i.e. Advanced Excel skills.
- Good Mathematics skills, i.e. statistics or financial mathematics.
- Adaptability, Flexibility and willingness to learn.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Banking, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Actuarial, Economics or any other related fields of studies.
- 3 years or more of banking experience in Credit Risk management.
- End to end Credit and Data Analytics experience is essential.
- Credit & Risk Management certifications will be an added advantage.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
The deadline for submitting the application is 09 June 2021.