Jobs in Tanzania 2021: New Job Vacancies at Compassion International 2021
This is a 2 year contract based in Tanzania, Mwanza.
The Project Coordinator will oversee the project from the assessment of needs,
designing the project, implementation, monitoring and evaluation for the duration of their contract. The Project Coordinator also secures required resources, and uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes. He or she manages projects to ensure on-time completion according to specifications and within budgeted costs. At this career level, the incumbent generally manages projects independently or participates as a team member for major, complex, or international projects and may coach or oversee the work of other Project Coordinators.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ’s mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- The primary purpose of this seasoned professional includes using discretion and judgement to independently lead project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply, and subcontract management on moderately-complex projects.
- The incumbent will be responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the consumption of both internal and external stakeholders.
- He/she will be responsible for creating and maintaining strategic alliances and relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders. This position will work with domestic and international stakeholders as well as different areas of Compassion International and with entities outside of Compassion International such as the Mennonite Church and other NGOs.
- Successful candidate must be comfortable handling sometimes competing and conflicting priorities of stakeholders and bringing issues to the attention of the Everyone Rises Project Team for discussion and resolution.
- Successful candidate must be comfortable addressing project challenges and bringing such problems to the attention of the Everyone Rises Project Governing Board.
- Successful candidate must understand that he/she is working at the direction of the Everyone Rises Project Team and does not make decisions outside their specific authority
- The Project Coordinator with the help of the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will continuously monitor the progress of the project
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree Social Sciences, Community Development, Project Management or related discipline
- Seven years
- Professional experience working in project management and community mobilization or a similar field. The incumbent will report to the Manager of Partnership.
Licenses and Certifications
- Project Management Professional Certificate granted by the Project Management Institute will be an added advantage
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office and field Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 30% of normal schedule