Jobs in Tanzania 2021: New Job Vacancies at World Vision International 2021
Position: Driver – MoFA Project
Purpose of the position:
To drive WVT vehicles for MOFA Project so as to facilitate staff/visitor movements as assigned by Senior Transport Officer and keep the vehicle clean and in good working condition. Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To keep vehicle clean, in good condition for use and take care of all tool kit
- Drive all WVT vehicle and ensure that fuel, oil, water, tires and general state of the car has been checked before use
- Maintain log book for each and every trip
- Ensure that vehicles is serviced as planned
- To ensure all visitors sign the child protection forms as soon as they are picked up.
- To ensure that the vehicle is not overloaded either by people or luggage
- Report any adverse observation of a vehicle to Senior Transport Officer
- Remind/advice Senior Transport Officer to matters pertaining to services and repairs of vehicles
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Qualification required: Form Four with a valid class C driving license
- Experience: 3 years in driving
- Preferred: Form Four with NIT Advanced Driving Certificate
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate in English and good command of Kiswahili
- Good relationship with other staff
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with regular travel to the field
- Travel: 15% Domestic travel is required.
Disclaimer: World Vision does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. Also World Vision will not be responsible for fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity
The deadline for submitting the application is 29-Jan-21.