Jobs in Tanzania 2021: New New Job at Dangote Group Tanzania Ltd 2021
Careers at Dangote Group
The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified manufacturing conglomerates.
The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
Upcoming projects include a $12 billion investment in an Oil Refinery, Fertilizer Plant and Petrochemical Complex.
Position: Communication Manager (Cement Industry)
Summary: DCP – Sustainability Mtwara, Mtwara Region, Tanzania, United Republic of Full timeTanzania Communication 001
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare all Media communications content, including digital and social media communication for Dangote Cement, Tanzania.
- Manage effective relationships with media stakeholders-Editors, Columnists, Reporters, presenters and bloggers.
- Act as a first point of contact regarding all media stakeholder engagements and manage the implementation of external communication protocol, processes and procedures
- In partnership with Marketing and Branding function, facilitate media profiling of the company and maintain the required company image and brand through effective media profiling control
- Where required, act as an alternative spokesperson or media liaison for the company
- Develop PR and Media Relations plans for target stakeholders, and support the onsite staff and contractors in implementing communications plans.
- Write and issue print media background briefings, issue-specific fact sheets, talking points and content for the Group website, Manage day-to-day publicity efforts for TV, radio, print etc.
- Draft and edit Public Relations collaterals including press releases, speeches, FAQ, briefing notes, corporate PowerPoint and corporate advertorials
- Maintain working relationship with media outlets, key stakeholders, bringing inaccuracies and errors to the attention of writers and editors in a timely fashion.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with all relevant regulatory and supervisory agencies in Tanzania
- Provide guidance and collect feedback from relevant stakeholders
- Develop an understanding and awareness of our conglomerate especially DCP Tanzania with the media in particular and other stakeholders
- Work with the management to ensure the communications needs of Dangote Cement Tanzania are met
- Promote closer bonding between Media, stakeholder publics and the company
- Prepare and send news highlights to all Dangote Cement staff in Tanzania.
- Contribute articles to Dangote Group newsletter
- Disseminate required information to all DCP Tanzania Staff
- Track media reports that are of interest to the company and bring to the knowledge of Management.
- Organize media tours of Dangote Cement Plants
- Market research/Intelligence
- A BSc in Mass Communication, English, Public relation or any related course
- A postgraduate degree in Mass Communication or any related course
- An MBA is an advantage
- 5-7 years’ experience in Journalism, Public/Media Relation
- Extensive contacts in the Tanzanian median sector
- Extensive contacts within the regulatory agencies and professional bodies
Skills and Competencies
- Good knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry in terms of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, legislations etc.
- Deep understanding of Media Relations, including media categories
- Strong relationship building skills
- Knowledge of social media
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development
MODE OF APPLICATION: