Application Deadline: 23 June 2019.
Duties & responsibilities
- Update CTA’s corporate social media accounts (currently Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram in English and French) with text and visuals;
- Assist in updating and implementing CTA’s social media strategy;
- Draft social media strategies and prepare social media tool kits for campaigns and event;
- Propose the social media content planning;
- Identify and create relevant visuals for social media;
- Research influencers, brands and networking opportunities that are strategic for CTA communication objectives;
- Moderate and engage with comments posted on social media keeping in line with CTA’s corporate tone and messages;
- Engage with all incoming direct messages on all platforms;
- Keep track on performance on social media and produce monthly reports;
- Support the team in quality control of the event calendar;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, experience and skills required
- National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States).
- University (or similar institution of higher education) degree in digital communication, marketing or related discipline. Recent graduate, between 21 and 29 years old (maximum).
- Strong experience in social media.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure with focus and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent working knowledge of English (both written and oral). Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours if needed to cover key events in other time zones (e.g. Pacific Islands or Caribbean).
- Interest in and knowledge of international development is also an asset.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
- Internship stipend (€800 per month for holder of a bachelor’s degree, €1,000 per month for holder of a master’s degree).
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
How to apply
- Closing date for application: 23 June 2019.
- Start date: as soon as possible.
- Initial duration: 6 months. Upon satisfactory performance and depending on available funding, the contract may be renewed once only.
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page) explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to contribute to CTA’s activities and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably in EUROPASS format, highlighting qualifications, experience and skills with regards to the position.
- A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
- A letter of recommendation and/or references.