Dar es Salaam. At least 91,442 candidates are expected to sit for Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examinations (ACSEE) that starts on Monday, May 6, 2019 across the country.

In a statement issued on Sunday, May 05, 2019, by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (Necta) 12,540 other candidates will sit for certificate and diploma courses exams at teachers’ colleges.

Addressing a news conference at Necta offices , the council’s executive secretary, Dr Charles Msonde said Form Six candidates have increased by 4 per cent in 2019 compared to 2018, noting that candidates at teachers’ colleges increased by 41 per cent.

“Last year, we had 77,222 registered candidates for ACSEE and 7,422 candidates for teaching examinations,” he said.

According to him, out of 91,442 Form Six candidates, 80,305 are school candidates, while 11,117 are private candidates.

“At least 46,224 candidates equivalent to 57.56 per cent of school candidates are male, while the remaining 34,081 candidates (42.44 per cent) are female,” he said, adding.

He added: 102 candidates have special needs. While 67 of them have low vision, 16 candidates are the blind, 18 are the deaf, while one candidate has mental disability.

Dr Msonde said  that of the 64.68 per cent are male, whereas  3,927 others equal to 35.32 per cent are female.

According to him, 7,594 out of those registered for teaching examinations were expected to sit for diploma examinations, 4,946 others will sit for certificate in teaching examinations.

“Of the 7,594 diploma candidates, 5,615 equivalent to 74 per cent are male, while 1,979 equal to 26 per cent are female,” he said, adding.

“At least 2,795 candidates registered for certificate in teaching examinations equivalent to 57 per cent are male, 2,151 others equal to 43 per cent are female.
See also  NECTA Standard 7 Exams Results 2020 | MATOKEO DARASA LA SABA 2020 | NECTA PSLE Results 2020

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *